top of page
Search

Less Government


If our government had less control, this country would be in far better shape than it is today. We the people allowed this to happen, and it’s we the people that can put a stop to it. We need to clean the house. It’s been said that our power is at the ballot box, but as we witnessed in November 2020, our power at the ballot box has been greatly diminished. So the first thing we need to do is fix our election system. But that might not be enough, and honestly, I really don’t know what would be enough. Our government is way out of control.


In 1789, the cause of the French Revolution was the failure of the Ancien Regime to manage social and economic inequality. Government debt resulted in economic depression, high food prices, and unemployment. Combined with a regressive tax system that put a higher tax burden on the working class and a resistance to reform by the ruling elite. Does this sound familiar?


Now I’m not saying we need to storm the Bastille, but we somehow need to send a strong message to the over-the-hill gang inside the Beltway that we have had enough. Biden's approval rating is at 29%. That leaves us with 71%, roughly 200,000,000 pissed off, educated voters that can make a change and do something about a corrupt and ineffective government.


In the Federalist papers written in 1787 by Alexander Hamiton, James Madison, and John Jay, they put this debate forth:


It has been frequently remarked that it seems to have been reserved to the people of this country, by their conduct and example, to decide the important question of whether societies of men are really capable or not of establishing good government from reflection and choice, or whether they are forever destined to depend, for their political constitutions, on accident and force.


The founding fathers believed in limited government. They distrusted strong government. They learned from their study of history that overly powerful governments turned oppressive. As we look at our present day situation we can understand why.



We need less government.


Written by Walt Ryba. July 28, 2022


12 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Σχόλια


bottom of page